If you have a game account for FFXIV and cannot log in to the website and/or cannot purchase the game, follow these steps:
- Go to https://membership.square-enix.com/ and log in with your game account.
- Immediately after logging in, you will be asked some questions to complete your account. Answer the questions.
- Log out.
- Return to https://secure.square-enix.com/ and log in.
- You will now have full access to the store, Mog Station, Lodestone, etc. using that single login.
ONE ACCOUNT TO RULE THEM ALL!
I started FFXIV with the trial version. I created the account as instructed. I downloaded and installed the trial game with no problem. Then I decided to purchase the full game. I clicked on the link in the email they sent me (“Upgrade to Full Game”) and was taken to the online store. I added the game to my cart and went to check out. That’s when the problems began.
It wouldn’t accept my login. It gave me this error message:
- square-enix def.ERROR_UNSOLVED_ISSUE_ACCOUNT
I thought that maybe the store account was different from the game account (which turned out to be partially correct), so I tried to create a store account. But it told me that my email was already in use.
The problem stems from the fact that Square Enix has separate account systems for various things, but they made an effort to merge them. This merge was not implemented fully, so they ended up with a hybrid system that is partially a single account and partially separate accounts.
It wouldn’t accept my game login because <separate accounts> and it wouldn’t let me create a website account with the same email because <single account>.
Some people resolve this by creating two accounts with different emails. But that is not necessary, and it can cause problems.
Following the steps at the beginning of this article will “complete” your account and allow you to log in to the game and the website (Mog Station & Lodestone) with a single set of credentials.