NOTE: This guide was written in 2018 and was correct and up-to-date at that time. Things change, however, so please leave a comment if anything needs to be added or changed.
- Sir Galveston remains after the world quest is done and can be fought repeatedly until you leave the zone, leveling as many pets as you wish.
- The carry pet takes no damage and can be any level.
- The required pets are fairly inexpensive and easy to obtain, assuming you have revered status with Court of Farondis in Legion.
- Rewards significant pet XP, even for a level 24 carry pet.
- Reliable: I’m seeing about a 1-2% failure rate.
- Well-scripted: the only variation is whether or not you repeat the final action.
- Fairly short: typically less than 90 seconds.
It should be acceptable to substitute Lofty Libram (1/2/2) for Court Scribe. Most other substitutions probably won’t work, as this strategy relies on specific abilities and combinations of abilities. I recommend using the P/S breed for Scourged Whelpling instead of the H/H breed.
Fight Instructions/Strategy (video here):
Curse of Doom
Arcane Blast <Coach swaps in before it goes off>
Amplify Magic <enemy flies up high before it goes off>
Arcane Blast until Coach is dead
Sir Murkeston swaps in
Arcane Blast <Greatest Foe swaps in before it goes off>
Arcane Blast <you die before it goes off>
Swap in carry pet
Swap in Scourged Whelpling
- The guide has been deleted or moved since this article was created.
- This will do nearly 1500 damage to Sir Murkeston while he’s swapped out. It’s essentially a one-shot.
- Do this for two reasons: (1) Coach will fly high and can’t be hit, and (2) this will also boost the Curse of Doom damage when it goes off.
- Sir Murkeston takes Curse of Doom hit in the background on the same round Coach dies. Leaves him with minimal health or kills him outright for a critical hit.
- Or Greatest Foe if Sir Murkeston died, but that doesn’t change what you do.
- Note that because you swap the carry pet in after a death, it can swap out immediately while still getting XP but without taking damage This would not be the case if you swapped in/out at another time.
- While this reduces accuracy, causing Dreadful Breath to occasionally miss, the damage done and the healing denied make it worth using.
- This will kill Sir Murkeston while he’s swapped out.