Microsoft is offering to send out USB drives filled with “Valuable Information” about its products and services. The folks at digg.com quickly recognized this as a great way to get a free USB drive (although it will most likely have a small memory capacity).
Here’s how it works:
- Go to this link.
- Click on the image that says “Valuable Information”.
- Log in to your Passport account, or create one if necessary.
- Fill out the form, being sure to un-check all the boxes asking if Microsoft can contact you. The answers to the four questions are: 2, true, true, true.
- Follow the instructions for verifying your email.
- Wait 6-8 weeks for delivery
If you’re worried about the Passport account, I’ve had one for years without any problems.