Encyclopædia Britannica Goes Paperless

March 31st, 2012

EncyclopediaIn a sign of the times, Encyclopædia Britannica will no longer be available in printed volumes, after the 2010 print run sells out. The company will still publish a digital encyclopedia, but even that will only account for about 15% of their revenue, with education products bringing in the other 85%. I guess encyclopedias still have their place, but, in a world with Wikipedia and Google, they’re becoming less relevant.

Thanks to Josh for this link.

Update: Now that Britannica has made this announcement, there’s been a huge surge in sales of the remaining print versions, from collectors hoping to make an investment and from people seeing a last chance to purchase a keepsake.

Link: http://money.cnn.com/…

Leave a Reply

 [login]

HTML: You can use these tags.

Please answer this simple math question: * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.